Tuesday, October 18, 2022

The curry platter

 

We stopped at an outdoor restaurant and I asked the waitress what the curry platter was.  She said; WHAT!  You have never had a curry platter??  I said; isn’t curry that spice from India or something?  Waitress; you have really never had a curry platter?  She looked at me like I had 4 eyes.  The man at the table next to us said; You have really never had a curry platter?  So, of course I had to order the curry platter, it had fried bananas, cabbage, curry and lots of other foods I had never heard of.  It really was very good!  Then a man walked by our table and said; How’s the curry platter?  I said, it’s very good, it’s the first time I’ve had it.  He said; What!, you you have never….and here we go again…. This must be the same as someone in the US saying; What’s a hamburger & fries?

No comments:

Post a Comment