Sunday, May 1, 2022

What friends ask…

 

“Do you get bored traveling to a new place for a whole month?”

We generally use a VRBO so it already feels like we are at home.  I love to start exploring right away.  Everything I see is new and with fresh eyes.  New places and new people are fascinating to me.  I become more comfortable talking to the locals.  People generally like to talk about themselves and their home.  I start to notice the subtleties of the way they live and why they live that way.  I try to fit in.  After about the third week I think about the things I will miss when we have to leave.  Here in Portugal I’ll miss how relaxed and kind the people are.  I’ll miss the board walk by the ocean and taste of sangria in the middle of the day.  I will feel sad to leave but part of this place will stay in my soul…


No comments:

Post a Comment