Thursday, January 9, 2020

How do you pack for a year long trip?

How do you pack for a year long trip?.....just a carry on :-).
This was definitely the most frequently asked question when we told people we were traveling around the world for a year.  People thought we would each have 2 giants suitcases....no way!
How to do it, well first we are only going to warm places (no bulky winter clothes needed).  The colors need to work together and layers helps.  You definitely need to limit shoes, good soles with tops that flatten out.  We are staying in VRBO’s so they have hair dryers etc.  Ok, I have a fanny pack, you are welcome to call me a nerd but I can’t lose a passport or credit card if it’s attached to me.  The trip is less about fashion and more about hiking & exploring however I do have a slinky black top that would get me into any restaurant in Saint Tropez, France.  I even have room for this world necklace with pictures of my beautiful daughters in it!

1 comment:

  1. Sandy...looks like you got this blog thing down! Love all the posts! Miss you already! Love the world traveler look, and so glad you have at least one piece of jewelry along. That would be what prevents me from being a world traveler....that, and the shoes comment. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete